how are you guys integrating the stretching series?

Started by Jay B., July 1, 2015 · 7 Replies · 2,452 Views

Jay B.

Just bought the workout. If I'm understanding it correctly it's 3 45-minute stretch workouts per week, one for bridge, one for front splits and one for full splits.

 

The only way I could see it working for me is

 

Mon - F1 part 1

Tues - bridge work

Wed - H1

Thurs - front splits

Fri - F1 part 2

Sat - full splits

 

whereas now I'm doing

 

Mon - F1 pt 1

Tues - F1 pt 2

Wed - H1

Thurs - F1 pt 2

Fri - F1 pt 1

 

I hesitate to reduce the amount of core gymnastic work I'm doing, but my flexibility is pretty bad. How are you guys combining everything?

 

EDIT: having watched some of the vids I see coach recommends doing the stretches after regular workouts. I know coach says his guys can go through a workout in 20 minutes, but it usually takes me 45-60. I'll be doing 90-120 mins of workouts per day.

 

EDIT 2: Just did F1 pt 2 + 15 mins kettlebell swings / burpees + front split = 105 minutes

With my rotator cuff physio work it'll be about 120 mins per day on the days I do flexibility work.

Luzian

I'm currently doing it like this and it works pretty well:

 

Mon:
  AM - F1 (Split A)

  PM - Thoracic Bridge Stretch

 

Tue:

  H1

 

Wed:

  AM - F1 (Split B)

  PM - Middle Split Stretch

 

Thu:

  H1

 

Fri:

  AM - F1 (Split A)

  PM - Front Split Stretch

 

Sat/Sun:

  Rest

Itamar
Luzian said:

I'm currently doing it like this and it works pretty well:

 

Mon:

  AM - F1 (Split A)

  PM - Thoracic Bridge Stretch

 

Tue:

  H1

 

Wed:

  AM - F1 (Split B)

  PM - Middle Split Stretch

 

Thu:

  H1

 

Fri:

  AM - F1 (Split A)

  PM - Front Split Stretch

 

Sat/Sun:

  Rest

When did you start foundation?

Luzian
Itamar said:

When did you start foundation?

September 2014

Jay B.
Luzian said:

I'm currently doing it like this and it works pretty well:

 

Mon:

  AM - F1 (Split A)

  PM - Thoracic Bridge Stretch

 

Tue:

  H1

 

Wed:

  AM - F1 (Split B)

  PM - Middle Split Stretch

 

Thu:

  H1

 

Fri:

  AM - F1 (Split A)

  PM - Front Split Stretch

 

Sat/Sun:

  Rest

I might only be able to do foundations 3x per week, as you're doing. I can't do AM/PM because I workout in the morning and train martial arts in the evening.

Jay B.
Itamar said:

When did you start foundation?

I'm probably around the two year mark.

Luzian
Jay B. said:

I might only be able to do foundations 3x per week, as you're doing. I can't do AM/PM because I workout in the morning and train martial arts in the evening.

I've also trained martial arts (hung gar kung fu) for about 6 years. But I'm just now quitting it because first is has started to bore me a little, second I don't really believe in its benefits any more (for example I had to discover that my mobility has increased more in 4 months GB stretching than in 6 years martial arts style stretching) and third I enjoy GST so much more. But that's just a very personal thing I guess.

Jay B.
Luzian said:

I've also trained martial arts (hung gar kung fu) for about 6 years. But I'm just now quitting it because first is has started to bore me a little, second I don't really believe in its benefits any more (for example I had to discover that my mobility has increased more in 4 months GB stretching than in 6 years martial arts style stretching) and third I enjoy GST so much more. But that's just a very personal thing I guess.

I'm doing gymnastics exclusively to improve my fighting. So far the benefits have been amazing. Mainly in turning back the clock on injuries.