This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Southern California - Orange County

Started by Matt Mutch, July 1, 2015 · 9 Replies · 1,525 Views

Matt Mutch

After searching the forum and not finding any GBers in Orange County, CA, I am starting a new thread for anyone in my area that would like to meet up or knows of open gyms.

 

Yorba Linda Gymnastics holds open gym nights every other Friday 7-9pm for $10 a visit.  You can use the equipment to train strength, tumbling, or skills.  Most of the attendees are young students or young men practicing parkour skills.

 

A friend of mine said New Hope Academy of Gymnastics holds open gym Tuesday nights at 7-9pm.  He mentioned the facility itself is huge and has a lot to offer as far as equipment.  I would call first to get info: (714) 556-8050

 

Other than these places, the OC seems pretty limited.  I am working with a friend of mine who owns a Crossfit gym to offer a time for open gym.  If anyone here is interested, please let me know so I can let him know.  His gym is in Fullerton.

vannybute

Very late, I am in the OC area.

vannybute

Bumping this, please respond if you are in the OC area!!

Matt Mutch

Sorry GenericGymnast, but we just missed each other by about 12 days.

I recently moved to Sonoma County (wine country area) just north of the Bay Area (San Francisco) about a month ago.

Hopefully you can check out some of the open gyms and find a community in the OC. Good luck man!

vannybute

Well, you should check out the bay area meetups for sure, Joshua Slocum lives there!

Sara Haase

So grateful to have seen this! I just moved to Yorba Linda! I am just beginning the Fundamentals course so I don't know at what point it would make sense for me to go use gym equipment but I'm stoked to know I have access when I need it! Also always down to meet up for a workout, once I've got some more info unlocked via the online lessons!

Jasper Shin

I'm in Anaheim and just began this 2 days ago. I would love to have a supportive group to work towards mobility and flexibility with! If you're in the OC area I would love to meet up and begin working out together!

Jeff Ford

I'm in San Clemente if anyone is around this area or even a little north  and wants to train together ire knows of a place let me know. 

Adriana Millan

Is anyone interested in meeting in La Habra? There is an open gym at a place called Eric Will Gymnastics. I have been doing GST for over 2 years i still love it so much!!

Giovani Fuentes

Anyone know a gym with stall bars? Ideally gym is open most of the day in OC