This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A little bit of weightlifting and gymnastics

Started by Kristiyan Donchev, July 1, 2015 · 41 Replies · 99 Views

Kristiyan Donchev

Alright, I'm 20, been fooling around for 2,5 years and I think it's time to approach training seriously. Or at least, more serious than before. My progress could have been achieved for 10 months or less, so if someone is reading, don't expect much.

I'm 185/71, around 10% BF.

 

Personal bests:

Clean and power jerk 1x80@71

Power snatch 3x50@71 

Back squat 2x110@67, 6x90*@69, 17x80@71

Front squat 1x103@67, 4x90@67

Deadlift 1x140@70, 10x120@71

Rack pull above the knee 1x170@70

Snatch grip deadlift 1x110@71**

Hip thrust 1x127,5@71

Press 6x50@69

Push press 4x80@70

Bench shoulder width grip 1x80@70

Pullup neutral grip 1x42kg@66

Pullups supinated 21 reps@66

Dips 1x35kg@65, 5x27@65, 37 reps@69

Pushups 1x60kg***@66, 6x40***@66

Straddle back lever 15 sec. on a bar @71

L-sit on ground 35-40 sec. a long time ago

Wall HS ~100 sec. also a long time ago

 

*Paused

**1 thin plate deficit

***Weight on lower back

 

Everything is beltless, squats are ATG, deadlifts are double overhand strapless, pullups are deadhang-chest to bar, press is from a deadstop, I try to be strict regarding my technique. The bench didn't have a pause tho, but I don't really care about bench press right now. Never have actually.

 

Regarding bodyweight stuff - working on the basics - rings support, straddle back lever, back bridges, might start doing hollow+arch body, planche lean and L pullup holds, If I have time. Also might start working on handstands and L on ground if my weak wrists get stronger.

 

I
Power snatch 4x3x40 - First rep is from ground, second from hips, third from above knee and fourth below knee. I'm a "swinger", so I really need to work on my technique and pulling the bar close to the body.

Clean and power jerk 4x3x60

Front squat 4x3x80

HLR 2x5

 

II

Rings support 3x40 

Wrist & finger conditioning

Ido's scapula mobilization routine
Rotation into arch with wall 12, 2x10
Bridge pushups 10, 8, 10
Rounded back locked knee deadlifts 3x10x20 last rep of last set with 10 sec. pause
A1 Good morning 2x10x20

A2 Hip thrust 2x10x75

B1 Ab wheel rollouts from knees 10, 8

B2 Renegade row 2x8x22,5

Kristiyan Donchev

Wrist and finger conditioning

Rings support 3x50

Back lever straddle 10, 2x5 sec. - I was already pretty fatigued

Stir the pot 3 sets

Kristiyan Donchev

Snatch 4x4x40 - From ground, from hip, above and below knees
Clean and power jerk 4x3x65

Front squat 4x3x85

Kristiyan Donchev

Clean 1x80

A1 Front squat 6x1x80

A2 Back squat 6x1x90

A3 Snatch grip deadlift 6x1x100

A4 Deadlift 6x1x120

Front squat 1x90

Back squat 1x100

Snatch grip deadlit 1x110

Deadlift 1x130 

Press 2x60 - Really surprised I did a double. I guess the jerk has some carryover.

Bench high reps

Kristiyan Donchev

I

Power Snatch 4x2x50, 4x40

Clean and power jerk 4x2x70

Front squat 4x2x87

Stall bars HLL 2x5

 

II

Wrist and finger conditioning

Rings support 2x50, 35 sec. - I crooked the wrists and find out that it's harder that way. Not sure if it's right to do it this way tho.

Squat clinic 1 & 2

Ido's scapula mobilization routine

Rotations into arch with wall 2x10

Bridge pushups 2x10

Jefferson curl 2x10

Weighted shoulder flex pulls 10x5kg with 10 sec. pause at last rep

Hip thrust 2x10x80

A1 Wheel rollouts from knees 2x10 - Hard on the shoulders, on the abs - not so much.

A2 Renegade row 2x5x25

Kristiyan Donchev

My lowerback hurts, I haven't slept well and also I haven't eaten anything good today, so I haven't done anything except overhead press 1x67,5 and lots of soft tissue work/massages and stretching.

Kristiyan Donchev

Power snatch 1x45, 1x50, 1x55

Clean and power jerk 1x70, 1x75, 1x80, 2x70

Front squat 4x2x80

Kristiyan Donchev

I

Wrists and finger conditioning
Rings support 3x30

German hang 3x30

Squat clinic 1 & 2

Ido's scapula mobilization routine
 

II
Power snatch 4x4x40

Clean and power jerk 3x70, 3x2x70

Front squat 3x84, 2x84, 2x3x80

 

III

A1 Good morning 2x10x40

A2 Hip thrust 2x10x80

B1 Ab wheel from knees 2x10

B2 Renegade row 2x5x25

Kristiyan Donchev

I

Wrist and finger conditioning

Dorsal pushups

Wall handstands

Cuban rotation with a BB

 

II

Wrist and finger conditioning

Ido's scapula mobilization routine

Rotations into wall

Bridge pushups

Deadlift 1x130, 1x140

Kristiyan Donchev

I

Soft-tissue work, squat mobility, splits, stretching

Wrist and finger conditioning, Ido's scapula mobilization routine, Rings support 3x35
L-sit on ground 5x5 sec.

3 rope climbs

 

II

Some weightlifting 

 

III

A1 Good morning 2x10x42,5

A2 Hip thrust 2x10x82,5

B1 Wheel rollouts from knees 2x11

B2 Renegade row 2x6x25

Kristiyan Donchev

I

Soft tissue work, squat mobility, stretching, splits

Wrist and finger conditioning, rings support 3x37, 3 rope climbs, Ido's scapula mobilization routine

 

II

Overhead press 1x60, 1x65, 0x70

Front squat 3x2x90

A1 Good morning 2x10x45

A2 Hip thrust 2x10x85

B1 Ab wheel rollouts from knees 5-6, Plank with 50kg for 30 sec - The triceps DOMS from the L made the rollouts impossible to do, so I switched to a plank

B2 Renegade row 2x4x27,5

Kristiyan Donchev

I

Soft tissue work, stretching, squat mobility, splits 3x30

 

II

Rope climbs

Rack pull from knee 1x170, 0x175 - Couldn't pull it due to weak grip. 

Wrist and finger conditioning, rings support 3x40, german hang 3x30, L on ground 5x7

Kristiyan Donchev

I haven't trained a lot the past month, I guess i needed a break. 

Soft tissue work, squat mobility, some stretching
Snatch grip deadlift with a fat bar from a deficit 1x85, 1x87,5, 1x90  X22-

Bench press 1x65, 1x67,5, 1x70  21X-

Push press 1x75, 1x80, 1x82,5 

Back squat 1x95, 1x97,5, 1x100  31X-

Stretching - side split

 

I'm 69kg at the moment.

Kristiyan Donchev

Session 1

 

Soft tissue work

Wrists and fingers conditioning

Ido's scapula mobilizations

A1 Rotations into wall 2x5

A2 Bridge pushups 2x6

A3 Jefferson curl 2x10x1,25

Wall handstand 2x20

German hang 3x30

B1 Rings support 3x20

B2 L on ground 3x7

C1 Cuban rotation 2x12x10

C2 Face pull 2x12x10

 

Session 2

 

Soft tissue work

Ido's squat clinics

Snatch grip deadlift from a deficit with a fat bar 5x52,5, 5x60, 10x67,5  X22-

A1 Reverse hypers 2x6x2,5

A2 Hypers 2x10x10

Side split

Kristiyan Donchev
28.09
Back squat 5x57,5, 5x67,5, 8x77,5  31X-
 
31.09
I
Soft tissue work, squat mobility
Snatch grip deadlift from a deficit with a fat bar 3x55, 3x65, 6x72,5  X12-
A1 Good morning 2x6x45
A2 Hip thrust 2x6x80
B1 Ab wheel rollouts from knees 2x10
B2 Renegade row 2x6x20
Side split
 
II
Wrists and fingers conditioning
A1 Rotation into wall 2x7
A2 Back bridge pushups 2x10
A3 Jefferson curl 2x10x5
B1 Wall handstand 2x30
B2 German hang 3x30
C1 L on ground 2x10
C2 Rings support 2x30
Pronated hang 60 sec.
10kg plate pinch 5-10 sec.
D1 Cuban press 2x13x10
D2 Facepull 2x13x10
Kristiyan Donchev

01.09

Push press 3x55, 3x65, 4x75

Assistance work for midsection and posterior chain

 

02.09

Neutral grip pullup 5x13,75, 5x15, 6x17,5  X132
 

04.09

I

Soft tissue work, squat mobility, some stretching

Back squat 3x62,5, 3x72,5, 8x80  31x-
A1 Glute ham raise 2x5

A2 Romanian deadlift 2x6x80

Stir the pot 2 sets

 

II

Pushups 5x20, 5x25, 5x27,5

Ido's scapula mobilizations

A1 Rotation into wall 2x6

A2 Back bridge pushups 2x10

A3 Jefferson curl 2x10x5

B1 Wall handstand 2x20

B2 German hang 3x30

C1 L on ground 3x10

C2 Support 3x30

D1 Cuban rotation 2x13x10

D2 Facepull 2x13x10

07.09

I

Soft tissue work, squat mobility

Snatch grip deadlift from a deficit with a fat bar 5x60, 3x67,5, 5x77,5

A1 Good morning 2x7x45

A2 Hip thrust 2x5x82,5

B1 Ab wheel rollouts from knees 2x11 - Midsection strength is no longer a problem, but shoulders are

B2 Renegade row 2x4x22,5

 

II

Ido's scapula mobilizations

A1 Rotation into wall 2x7

A2 Back bridge pushups 2x10

A3 Jefferson curl 2x10x5

B1 Wall handstand 2x30

B2 Advanced tuck back lever 2x20

C1 L on ground 2x10

C2 Support 2x30

D1 Cuban rotation 2x14x10

D2 Facepull 2x14x10

Kristiyan Donchev

08.09

I

Lil bit of soft tissue work

Push press 5x62,5, 3x67,5, 4x77,5

A1 BW leg curl 2x5

A2 Romanian deadlift 2x7x80

 

II
A1 Dumbbell deadlift 2x5x40

A2 Farmer walk with 40s - Immediately after the deadlifts

B1 Hollow 2x30

B2 Arch 2x30

B3 Planche lean 2x20

B4 Body lever 2x3 - 7-8 sec. negatives

Kristiyan Donchev
I

Neutral grip pullup 3x25 - Misread the weights - should have done with less, so I did only one set instead.

A1 Cuban rotation 2x15x10

A2 Facepull 2x15x10

B1 Hang 2x60

B2 Plate pinch 2x15-20x10

 

II

Some soft tissue work, wrist and finger conditioning

B1 Handstand to wall 2x30

B2 Advanced tuck back lever 2x21

C1 L sit on ground 2x11

C2 Support 2x32

Kristiyan Donchev
I

Soft tissue work

Pushups 3x25, 3x27,5, 3x30

Squat jerk with plates under heels 2x3x35

 

II

Crawling

A1 Skin the cat x 3, 3

A2 Pronated pullups x 6, 4

A3 Neutral grip pullups x 3, 2

A4 Supinated pullups x 3, 2

A5 Reverse fat bar curls 6, 3x20

B1 Hollow 2х31

B2 Arch  2х31

B3 Body lever 2х3 

B4 Planche lean 2х21

Jump rope

Kristiyan Donchev
Soft tissue work, squat mobility

Back squat 5x67,5, 3x77,5, 6x85

A1 BW leg curl 2x5

A2 Romanian deadlift 2x8x80

Reverse plank 2x60x10

Snatch grip behind the neck press in a squat 3x5x20

Side split

Kristiyan Donchev

Soft tissue work, wrists and fingers conditioning, Ido's scapula mobilizations

A1 Rotation into wall 2x6

A2 Back bridge pushups 2x10

A3 Jefferson curl 2x10x5

B1 Wall handstand 2x30

B2 Advanced tuck BL 21, 10 - Felt something in my elbows, so I stopped.

C1 L on ground 2x11

C2 Support 2x31

D1 Cuban rotation 3x15x10

D2 Facepull 3x15x10

E1 Hang 2x60

E2 Plate pinch 20, 30x10

Kristiyan Donchev

Soft tissue work

A1 Press with dumbbells 2x10x10  X12-
A2 Bench with dumbbells 10x17,5, 10x15  21X-

A3 Dumbbell row 2x5x22,5  X12-

A4 Pronated pullups 2x5  X131

Kristiyan Donchev
I

Soft tissue work, squat mobility

Snatch grip deadlift 5x30, 5x40, 5x50 - Deload week for the deadlift, push press and squat. Increased the deficit, we'll see

if I have any problems.

A1 Reverse extensions 2x8x5

A2 Hamstring curl 2x5x35

Pullover 2x6x12,5

Snatch press in a squat 3x6x20 - I'll be doing it with plates under the heels from now on.

B1 Shoulder rotation with a bar 3x15x10

B2 Facepull 3x8-10x10 - Tried different variations.

Cossack squat 2-3 sets

 

II

Wrists and fingers conditioning

A1 Rotation into arch using a wall 2x8 - Finally getting the hang of it.

A2 Back bridge pushups 2x10

A3 Jefferson curl 2x10x5

B1 Handstand to wall 3x30

B2 Advanced tuck BL 3x20

C1 L on ground 3x10

C2 Support 3x30

Kristiyan Donchev

Some soft tissue work, squat mobility

Push press 5x35, 5x45, 5x55

A1 Deadlift 3x3x80 - Trying to pull as fast as possible

A2 KB swing 3x10x32

A3 Broad jump 3x3 - I don't know how to land properly and basically I have no idea how to jump.

Kristiyan Donchev
I
Muscle snatch 5x5x20
Neutral grip pullup 5x15, 3x20, 3x22,5  X131
A1 Good morning 2x8x45
A2 Hip thrust 2x6x82,5
B1 Ab wheel rollouts from knees 2x12
B2 Renegade row 2x5x22,5
Behind the neck snatch grip press in a squat  3x5x20 
C1 Hang 2x60
C2 Plates pinch 2x15-20x10 
 
II
Wrists and fingers conditioning, Ido's scapula mobilizations - started doing the dislocations with a 10kg barbell.
A1 Rotation into arch with wall 2x10
A2 Back bridge pushups 2x10
A3 Jefferson curl 2x10x7,5
B1 Handstand to wall 3x30
B2 Adv. tuck BL 2x20
C1 L on ground 3x11
C2 Support 3x31