This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progressing unevenly

Started by jonah adam, July 1, 2015 · 4 Replies · 251 Views

jonah adam

I just got started on F1 and Handstand 1 and I have quick question: Do I have to progress through each exercise's progressions at the same rate? That is, do I have to be on FL progression 2 while on SLS progression 2 or can I be on SLS progression 3 while still on FL progression 2.

 

Thanks!

Jon Douglas

Nah, this is no problem. In fact, it is the norm.

I have progressions scattered through F2-4, depending on my strengths and weaknesses. You will hit roadblocks in some places and fly through others depending on yours. This will quickly identify your weak links and begin directly addressing them, thus bringing your average up fast :)

dritar

I'm gonna hit F3 in fundamental leg strength before I pass some elements in F1 :). It's no problem, but you'll see that some elements are kinda of related so it's a self limiting problem. For example you won't go very far in F2 sPL elements if your HBP elements are holding you back, particularly HBP PE3.

jonah adam

Thanks for the reassurance!

If you guys are at such different points in the progressions for each exercise, are you still able to use the this weeks workout function?

Jon Douglas
jonah adam said:

Thanks for the reassurance!

If you guys are at such different points in the progressions for each exercise, are you still able to use the this weeks workout function?

Absolutely. Everything runs in four week microcycles, with the fourth being a deload. Keep your deloads synced and it slots together easily :)