This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Timing/Order

Started by Borzou Azabdaftari, June 30, 2015 · 6 Replies · 276 Views

Borzou Azabdaftari

Is pace and timing important? Or even on a smaller level is resting too long between sets bad? Like should I jump right into the next set after mobility or is it cool if I wait for 30 seconds or so. 

 

I do the entire workout at  leisurely place, and can do most of it at my office, but might save the ring exercises until I get home. Is that gap diminishing the workout?

dritar

In Foundation as written you take no rest between sets of the same exercise. So it's just strength set jump into mobility and then back to strength set back to back, no resting, no squandering time. This is what you are aiming for in mastery.

 

Ideally you should though perform the whole workout at a crisp pace without taking excessive rest, but it's ok to rest for a bit between different exercises. I believe Coach says that if you feel completely rested then you've rested too much :).

 

I believe it's ok to break down the workouts for convenience's sake, the body doesn't care if you do one big workout per day or two smaller ones. Just don't forget to warmup. 

Rayne-William
dritar said:

In Foundation as written you take no inactive rest between sets of the same exercise. If you time how long it takes to complete the mobility elements you will find that some give you more active rest than others. So it's just strength set jump into mobility and then back to strength set back to back, with very little to zero inactive resting, no squandering time. This is what you are aiming for in mastery.

 

Ideally you should though perform the whole workout at a crisp pace without taking excessive rest, but it's ok to rest for a bit between different exercises. I believe Coach says that if you feel completely rested then you've rested too much :).

 

I believe it's ok to break down the workouts for convenience's sake, the body doesn't care if you do one big workout per day or two smaller ones. Just don't forget to warmup.

Additions in italics.

dritar

I'll add though, that some iM are no rest at all. It took me a while for my shoulders to consider Xiaopengs as "rest" between pushups :), same for some mobility exercises in SLS :D.

Jon Douglas

On my F7 days I do 4 exercises at the gym, 3 at my place. I don't rest once I start an exercise, but there is that gap whilst I cycle back. This is no problem.

Keeping the pace up between im and strength element for the required sets, however, is non-negotiable and an important factor :)

Borzou Azabdaftari

Thanks everyone. Will try and keep my pace. My concern is that I won't finish the next set w/o rest - but i've been pushing the pace and been okay so far. Worst case I'll adjust my workout to push one section back when I advance a week.

 

Also what is this warm up you speak of?