Leg work suggestions

Started by Tomas Johansson, August 28, 2009 · 1 Replies · 1,957 Views

Tomas Johansson

I currently do 3x3 half ghr 2 times per week and 3x3 sls with 16kg once a week.

Legs is not my top priority since I'm mostly interested in rings and rockclimbing but I don't want them to get behind either. Want strenght but not bulk as everyone else ;-)

I get some pain on the back of my knee where the tendons attaches to the bones in the lower part of the leg (don't know names in english), mostly when doing the half ghrs, heelhooking (legcurling in general) so I need to change it up to let the knee rest a bit.

Any suggestions please.

braindx

Where's the pain? Semitendinosis, semimembranosus, biceps femoris?

Anyway, weighted work is fine like squats, DLs, etc.

Bodyweight work pistols, sprints, any explosive work like broads, verts, etc.

It depends on what you want to focus on specifically as rock climbing doesn't really need a particular subset of legs power/strength endurnace...