So I've been double checking my adv. tuck form, which I previously thought was perfect, and realized I have to flatten my lower back more. However, when I do this, I immediately lose my hollow. So my question is, what methods do you suggest for strengthening the hollow body in planche?
Improve Hollow Body
Started by Solgymnasthenics, June 28, 2015 · 6 Replies · 3,741 Views
Planche leans.
I guess losing your hollow when flattening the back means that you lose protraction? Take some steps back and build up your strength.
Alexander Egebak said:Planche leans.
I guess losing your hollow when flattening the back means that you lose protraction? Take some steps back and build up your strength.
Yeah, I'm currently training my planche leans, tuck planche, and adv. tuck planche to hopefully help strengthen my planche in general as well as fix up my form. However, I feel like those movements don't really work my protraction much.
And yeah, my losing my hollow I meant I lose protraction.
After all of the straddle planche and adv. tuck planche form checks that you posted, I think it will be good if you will show us your planche lean..
Itamar Sha said:
After all of the straddle planche and adv. tuck planche form checks that you posted, I think it will be good if you will show us your planche lean..
Haha, fair enough! I personally think it's pretty good. In the first video I wasn't taking it too seriously and I noticed in the video that my core is a bit too relaxed, but I fixed that in the other clips. Last clip I try to lean as far forward as possible.
You are using your feet to curb the forward leaning. also notice how you heels drop back during the push up.
Alessandro Mainente said:You are using your feet to curb the forward leaning. also notice how you heels drop back during the push up.
I never thought about that before! Good point! However, I did just try doing them again while consciously contracting my calves to keep myself from doing that and found I could lean even further. I'd be happy to take another video if you'd like to see. It's kind of confusing that I could lean farther without using the help of my feet.
EDIT:
I just tried holding some for 30 seconds, and while I could hold them decently easily, I noticed I'd start losing my protraction after about 10-15 seconds. I might try stepping back some and working my protraction for longer holds with less leaning. Anybody want to suggest anything else I should do?