Forearm Cramp

Started by StevenF, June 25, 2015 · 3 Replies · 3,276 Views

StevenF

Hello,

I seem to have a problem with very tight forearms. When I perform a false grip dead hang, my forearms began to cramp almost immediately! It's a horrible - and painful - feeling that I'd like to get rid of! Does anyone have any remedies or stretches I could do to help it?

Thank you

Jon Douglas

This is pretty normal for those with tight forearms. You'll simply have to work fg hangs with bent arms until they loosen some.

Wes Tan

Yep I would agree with Jon. 

 

Wrist warm up stretches in the handstand 1 course will do your forearms wonders. In my opinion, most cramps occur when a muscle is worked beyond what it is currently conditioned for (endurance, range, stretch and strength), and if false grips are are relatively new to you then this is to be expected.

Alessandro Mainente

Stretch your extensor. during false grip they are elongated, IF they are too tight the flexors will naturally start to cramps to increase the extensor length .