I mean, the mobility drills are enought to gain flexibility? Or do I have to do some kind of stretching routine after my workout?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Do I need do work my flexibility?
Started by Matb, June 24, 2015 · 6 Replies · 476 Views
Yes.
Matb said:I mean, the mobility drills are enought to gain flexibility? Or do I have to do some kind of stretching routine after my workout?
Separate stretching is recommended to aid with the strength work, without it you will see slower progress.
Still, foundation courses went along for 2 years without strictly requiring a stretching program besides it so you can gain much by doing the mobility exercises besides the strength work.
But, if you are significantly stiff and getting into your later years, you should really look into doing some sort of dedicated stretching.
You will gain mobility/flexibility from the iM's, but the Stretch Courses will significantly speed up the process.
I suppose it depends on what you do for a living and what your background is. If you're a desk jockey, it's probably safe to say, yes, you'll need some dedicated stretching routine.
You need dedicated stretching.
The stretch courses and the Foundation/Handstand courses integrated mobility elements are designed to work together.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Dedicated stretching increased progress so much for me. I got injured so I had to take a month break from strength training but I kept up with stretching and my form on most exercises has improved much more in the past month than before the injury when I wasn't stretching.