This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/Pe1-im Form Check

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, June 23, 2015 · 1 Replies · 101 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

At long last, I can safely say that this mobility is much, MUCH better and -- dare I say it -- mastered (if not, then quite close to it).

 

I'm using a 5lb. weight plate on the bar I'm using. It's taken a good three blocks to jump from the 1.25lb plates, however, I saw consistent progress when I jumped 1.25 lbs each week or two. Let me know if I have, in fact, conquered this 10-month long progression and can focus more on HS/PE2 and PE2-im (both of which I have already started due to boredom with tripod stands).

 

Thanks

 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

My shoulders were pretty messed up and I had really limited shoulder flexion up until about March that was also not very pain-free. I started implementing Foundation 2 HBP mobilities along with TBs and some daily door hangs with mixed grips (for brachiation [sp?]). So thereafter I started to see some improvements. I had also misunderstood the -im and understood it as a quasi-dislocate (in that the arms would internally rotate and the armpits would open out as they go overhead).

 

Lastly, once I DID figure out the correct movement pattern, it was just a matter of time and of adaptation for my traps until I got it. I've posted on this -im before where I did not receive the go-ahead and had felt pain in previous attempts, so yes, relatively speaking it was easy.