This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elbow Bridge: FL/PE10>iM

Started by DonGray, June 23, 2015 · 7 Replies · 266 Views

DonGray

Hi all

I can't do Elbow Bridge FL/PE10>im with straight legs yet, I always do them with fairly bent legs as to start with I thought it was just a progression of the backbend.  I've been doing them for a good few months now so I'm clearly not focussing on the important elements here.

 

From reading another post I believe that doing them with straight legs is fundamental to the position at this stage - can someone please confirm that?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Stretch Your hips flexors!

DonGray

Thanks Alessandro, I will do that, but are straight legs essential to mastery of this exercise?

 

Cheers

DonGray

OK thanks guys.

Mats Trane

Yes, stretch your hipflexors. You also elevate your feet. As you get better lower inch by inch.

Ravn

Bent legs are being shown in the videos though, right?

DonGray

I tried last night with straight legs and my body was barely a few inches off the ground....

 

Ah right, so it's easier to start with feet raised?  I might try that.

Alessandro Mainente

Post a video of your execution.