This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

V sit Pike press video; please give your opinion

Started by katlinchen, June 23, 2015 · 3 Replies · 271 Views

katlinchen

This is a video of my V-Sit Pike Press.

I would like to know what you think about it and what I should work on.

From my point of view:

1) Better compression; I don't want my feet to hit the floor and I want the legs closer to my tummy.

2) Better Handstand; I am still not aligned perfectly in a handstand because I sometimes fall over if I open my shoulders too much.

3) Better flow, just making everything in the same speed.

Please give me your opinion!

Here is the link:

Alessandro Mainente

You are a doing a common mistake that is lift the legs during hips extension before pushing the shoulders in.

this could be a technique issue or a strength issue. a natural question raises, are you proficient on the last 2 IM's of H1?

katlinchen
Alessandro Mainente said:

You are a doing a common mistake that is lift the legs during hips extension before pushing the shoulders in.

this could be a technique issue or a strength issue. a natural question raises, are you proficient on the last 2 IM's of H1?

Thank You!

Would you mind looking at my other videos too and giving your opinion? I would really appreciate it!

Piking through on floor still is hard for me and I want to be a lot better at it, but I would like to work on minor mistakes as soon as possible!

So here are the other vids:

Standing Straddle Press:

Sitting Straddle Press:

Standing Pike Press:

Coach Sommer

- I am pleased with the position of your shoulders, traps and hips during ascent.

 

- Your final handstand position needs refinement however.  Continue focusing on improving your PPT; there is still too much arch in your lower back.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer