Ring Set up help - with Cam Buckle Photos

Started by pistol33, March 15, 2008 · 20 Replies · 19,280 Views

pistol33

Ive already read Coach Sommers article of how to put the rings through the strap

he said feed them through the back but im still not sure, and want my rings to be set up 100 percent before i do handstand work on them

could someone post a picture of how to feed the web because i really dont get it with words :(

George Launchbury

Just checking through unanswered posts I might be able to help with...

Did you have any luck with sorting out your straps? I don't have any of Coach's rings yet, but if you can post or PM links to a few images of your buckles, I might be able to help you out? Cam buckles are usually one of a few basic designs, and I have a number of different types at home that may well be the same (including a set of Elite Rings ...that I already had).

If I have a similar buckle I will post some pictures/illustrations of correct threading procedure.

Cheers,

George.

Alex

Here you go 8)

The buckle:

60320105mq8.jpg

Push release:

93918091rm5.jpg

Feed through:

52476765bn7.jpg

Let go of release:

77779132xq6.jpg

Then test with body weight on each ring.

Coach Sommer

Great photos, Alex. Thank you!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

George Launchbury

Great Job, thanks Alex!

George.

Alex

Anytime guys, thought it might be good to have some pics up for future reference.

*note to self* must get my nails manicured :lol:

pistol33

perfect, thanks alot those pictures are great, mine are always blurry when i get that close

Alex

You're most welcome, glad I could be of assistance.

Ortprod

just those pics right there make me want to buy yours Coach (over the competition)

Thanks Alex

Alex
Ortprod said:
just those pics right there make me want to buy yours Coach (over the competition)

Thanks Alex

Go for it, they are awesome.

this is coming from someone who's tried the rogue rings and the elites. I've posted a review in the review section.

Nathan

Is this what the new straps look like?? Thank you.

Nate

Coach Sommer

The new buckles are triple the strength of the old, but the new straps do not have the logo imprints.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

sasquatch

Oh, I didn't know where to slip my straps into. Thanks for the pics, that's simple.

Romulo Malta

I just bought my XR, so I suppose the buckle should be the new version. The one in the picture is the old one, right?

Razz

I think the one in the picture is the old one since it has the logo imprint. Make sure you put the strap trough the back of the buckle on the new ones.. you will know right away if they are set right or wrong when you test them with weight.

Ibn Saeed
Razz said:
I think the one in the picture is the old one since it has the logo imprint. Make sure you put the strap trough the back of the buckle on the new ones.. you will know right away if they are set right or wrong when you test them with weight.

Hello

Can you post some pictures of the new strap along with the buckle system

Razz

juuyih.jpg

e8wr4h.jpg

fmj1x3.jpg

Not the best pictures, but I hope you can see how they are put together.

Ibn Saeed

Thanks a lot Razz for the quick reply :)

Really appreciated.

Christopher Schwab

Hey, sorry to post in an old thread but- I have just received the gymnastic rings, have looked at the pictures provided here and instructions, despite doing it correctly (or mostly, I must have gone wrong somewhere) whenever I place any weight on the rings the headclip slides and drags the rings down, I can't figure out how to make it stay. I have tried to double loop but it seems too thick and I don't think the loop will fit through a second time.

Any suggestions?

Cole Dano

You must be putting the strap in from the front. There are only two ways to put the strap in, the easy and incorrect way from the front, and the somewhat more difficult and correct way from the back.

Remove the strap from the buckle and feed it through the other way and see if that works. If not, post a photo or video so we can help.

Christopher Schwab

Cole, that was spot on, greatly appreciated!