parallette training

Started by Edward Smith, January 20, 2008 · 6 Replies · 9,845 Views

Edward Smith

i just wanted to start a parallette topic.

umm this is pretty much just anything to do with parallettes, i want to know how people train with them, when, exercises, training methology, etc.

i personally have just made mine. i'm going to gule them together (only the horizontal bars to the elbow joints and the t-joint sections so it is stable but portable). But i am using them for L-sits (i wil for v-sits), some planche work, bottom position handstand push ups tensing (like a one arm dead hang tension), handstand push ups just below the bars, i think thats roughly all of it.

i've mad my parallettes big because i wanna learn on them pirohuettes, L-sit pirohuettes and some other stuff.

kbryk

You can do many variations of pus ups on them shoulder pushups, wide pushups, you name it you can try it. I still to l-sits, planche work, and a lot of pushups on them.

aw0n0

quick question about hspu on paralletes: which way should the elbows be pointing during flexion? seems like they want to go in towards the feet (like in a pseudo push up) but this puts a lot of stress on the elbows, are they supposed to flair out to the sides? :?

Romulo Malta

I just made my parallettes from PVC and they seem to be reasonable, but I'm worried about its stability to support HSPU. I just checked doing L-sits and push-ups but I'm afraid to try HSPU on it for the moment. How do you check if it's stable or not? Also, since I read that is not necessary to glue it, I didn't, but I hope that doesn't affect its safety with HSPU.

Richard Duelley

The paralletes I made are fine in a HSPU. The only thing to watch out for is hitting the ceiling, if you are tall. I know I have a good handstand on the paralletes when my toes just brush the ceiling 8)

I also do free standing handstands on the parallets and I can roll out or cartwheel out just like if I was doing a regular handstand on the ground. If you made them long enough you can even walk around a bit like you would if you did a handstand on pbars.

If you didnt glue them, remember to make sure all of the joints are secure or they might fall apart on you.

Blairbob

Elbows in. Elbows flaring out mean the parallettes are too wide or your form is not conducent to when you have to do them without a wall. For free they will track close to your body and behind like a pseudo planche pushup.

Stress on the elbows? Maybe start working the HSPU without the parallettes for awhile and work some PPPushups in the meantime.