Peeling skin after trying paleo

Started by Mark TOULSON, June 23, 2015 · 1 Replies · 2,337 Views

Mark TOULSON

Hello everybody,

 

I've recently made a change to my diet and tried following the paleo system that has been spoken about on here a lot.  I'm almost 2 weeks in to it and I think I might be through the initial teething problems but I have noticed that my skin is always peeling now since starting.  It was just the tip of one finger at first but now it has spread to all fingers on both hands and is spreading towards the knuckles! 

Has anyone else experienced a similar thing?  Could it be related to the diet (Which is the only change I've made) or could this just be coincidence?

 

Thanks for any thoughts

 

Mark

post-4914-0-42172700-1435048013_thumb.jp

post-4914-0-26598600-1435048052_thumb.jp

jfreaksho

I've been noticing similar things lately, and I'm not all that paleo.  Some things I've come across:

1. Fungal.  Do you also have dandruff?  Increase your selenium intake.  I use two Brazil nuts every day, as it supplements better than any pill anyone has ever made.  Don't overdo this.

2. Vitamins.  Could be A, E, C, or one or more of the B vitamins.  Especially going paleo, it is easy to reduce your intake of things and not notice.

3. Essential Fatty Acids.  Make sure you are getting plenty of Omega-3.  I think this might be my issue at the moment, as I just had a stressful month with a crappy diet.  I need to get back on it now.