This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE7 and injured wrists

Started by Daniel Stephan, June 22, 2015 · 5 Replies · 149 Views

Daniel Stephan

Hello!

I am patiently working my way through the first PEs and dislocates are going more smoothly than expected, so in time I should be arriving at PE7, the wall handstand.

 

The problem is, I've injured my wrist some time ago and am therefore not able to get on my hands at all. Parallettes are okay, but also hurt after a while. I'm mainly working on rehabbing my wrists alongside PE5/6.

 

What would you guys suggest should I do when I get to PE7 but am not able to get on my hands?

Should I just continue to work on PE 5/6 and add in PE 7>iM for the time being?

Ravn
Daniel Stephan said:

Parallettes are okay, but also hurt after a while.

Sorry to come off as grumpy, but I've just read too much nonsense like this on the forum today. Please read your own sentence again, and tell me what's wrong with it.

Daniel Stephan
Ravn said:

Sorry to come off as grumpy, but I've just read too much nonsense like this on the forum today. Please read your own sentence again, and tell me what's wrong with it.

 

Maybe this sentence was a little poorly worded. What I meant was, it feels okay at first, but starts to feel uncomfortable after some time, so parallettes are not really an option for me to put in work. Sorry for that, please ignore this part.

Ravn

It's extremely simple: Do what you CAN do, while having zero tolerance for pain. If you do that, you WILL recover, but you cannot force it or rush it. There's really nothing else to it.

Alessandro Mainente

work around the pain is the best way. can you say something more about wrist problem? E.g. where it is located?

Daniel Stephan
Alessandro Mainente said:

work around the pain is the best way. can you say something more about wrist problem? E.g. where it is located?

I feel pain especially in wrist extension and radial deviation at the back and radial side of my wrist. I cannot even get into a pushup position right now. I'm using a gyroball, rice bucket and roll my forearm for rehab methods.