This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Manna Mobility

Started by NRC, June 22, 2015 · 6 Replies · 378 Views

NRC

I'm currently working through the Foundation series, and with my manna training am up to MN/PE4. The mobility element for this is a standing weighted pike hang. Under the focus points it suggests using between 45-95 pounds of weight at the bottom of the hang. This seems like a massive leap from the previous exercises in mobility! For example, the Jefferson Curl performed with a barbell is only two exercises previous.

 

Is the 45-95 pounds correct? Or is it meant to be 4-5 pounds? 

 

Cheers.

Ravn

I believe 45-95 pounds is correct. This basically prepares you for the stall bar pike hangs that follow. These are quite hard, and may shock your system, if you're unprepared.

 

However, you would build up to this amount of weight slowly, of course.

 

Ideally, master the Jefferson curls with at least 50% of body weight before moving on to these. J curls can be built up to bodyweight if desired.

Keegan

I also believe that the standard for mastery of Jefferson Curls is 45 lbs (most Olympic barbells weigh about 45 lbs), so it shouldn't really be that much more intense.

NRC

Great. Thanks guys. I'll give it a go. Didn't realise that's how much the olympic barbells weigh!

Alexander Egebak
NRC said:

Great. Thanks guys. I'll give it a go. Didn't realise that's how much the olympic barbells weigh!

It takes a while to bump the weight to 20 kg, go slowly. It took me 3 months to get to 17.5 kg and my wrists are still not at level with bench (2 cm off). It is just to give you a perspective.

 

We have the F1 course wiki, you should check that out for more valuable information.

NRC
Alexander Egebak said:

It takes a while to bump the weight to 20 kg, go slowly. It took me 3 months to get to 17.5 kg and my wrists are still not at level with bench (2 cm off). It is just to give you a perspective.

 

We have the F1 course wiki, you should check that out for more valuable information.

Where can I find the F1 wiki?

KSTL

.