This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Final Level of Wrist Pushups - Looking forward

Started by kingzlo, June 18, 2015 · 2 Replies · 244 Views

kingzlo

I just finish watching the videos of working the wrists (now that I'm up to SE4).  Strangely at first I started watching First Knuckle, then Wrist Rock, then Fingertip Pushups.  Finally, I watched "Wrist Pushups".  It almost seems like it was meant to be watched last, for it is the first and the hardest (to me, at first).  But I was compelled to watch the video over and over again, till I nailed the visual.  Funny (maybe it's meant to happen) but the 3rd time watching WP, it was on pause for the time of it running.  I caught the visual movement although the young man (got to get his and others names (got it before, but too much was on my my mind (and still))).

 

So am I ready?  Yes.  With further thought, the elbows flare out from the body as opposed to the others.  I'm sure I may struggle at first, but hey it's like starting all over again.  But as I write this, I should warm up with SE3.   :D

 

Next review, HS/PE5.  I'm just simply looking forward to further activation of my traps, as I felt while doing HS/E4 and the mobility...  stay tuned for personal experience on these level newly getting into.

 

I'm going through this HS forum section for the first time in a long to time.  Looks like it's going to be just as interesting talk here as it is in Foundation 1.

Alessandro Mainente

Curiously can you post a video about the wrist push up?

kingzlo

I managed getting 2 reps by 5 sets (back to back on all 4 wrist mobility movements).  First set was somewhat difficult, as I was getting into the groove.  Wrist pushups are the hardest and took some used to after the first set (went one arm at a time going down (with both pushing up) on first set).  Through muscle memory (or joint memory), I should be used to WP on the first set next time.  As for the last routine, being fingertip pushups, I'm only able to use all my fingers for balance (including the thumbs).  The other two wrist movements were fairly easy.  

 

As for video request for form check, coming soon.