This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2 > iM Shoulder Extensions Frequency

Started by Trevor Lewis, June 16, 2015 · 1 Replies · 203 Views

Trevor Lewis

I am nowhere near shoulder width with these yet (and I'm ok with that as I work it slowly closer in) but I love the stretch, and like Coach has said in one of the podcasts sometimes the body craves a movement like water. This one feels like water to me right now.

 

After I do this drill I feel unsatisfied and want to do more but I don't want to go overboard and hurt myself with a new movement. My question is, is there a limit to how frequently this exercise should be done? Is it ok/better to do every day, multiple times throughout the day? I am currently only doing them twice a week and could bump them up to the 4x a week HS schedule but I want to know if it's ok add more while working the foundation series as well.

 

Appreciate any help you can offer.

 

Alessandro Mainente

It is strength training so, basically 2-3 times a week. also extension and flexion are pretty hard on connective tissue. give it the time to recover. if you are doing to much your body will tell you!