This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE2 (Bent Hollow Body Rocks) - Help

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, June 16, 2015 · 10 Replies · 439 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

So far, this move has proved rather illusory. I've been stuck on Block 2 for quite some time and it's pretty inconsistent progress/performance. This week is my deload week and even still, I felt challenged (wasn't expecting that). In any case, I want to know if anyone has any guidance based on how my form looks AND if there are any pointers in general which I could cue into my front lever work. I want to start making some headway on this movement, but I am a bit unsure.

 

FL/PE2 (bent Hollow Body rock):

 

 

 

Thanks to TBs the im for this movement is really challenging though it does provide for a nice stretch. As such, I'm not uploading that as it is a limiting factor.

chuchodani

You're doing the movement too slowly take a look at the course video and see how the athlete do the motion. In the other hand you're letting your hip angle to move, don't segment your body, keep it as whole unit. Also keep your head in a single position, preferably neutral. 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Hmm..

 

So faster rocks; locked hips (in the sense that thigh to abdomen maintains the same angle/degree throughout); and maintain a neutral neck/spine....

 

Oh, poppycock! I may have to knock down a block, but I'll give Block 2-week 1 a try next week and see how those cues factor in before I decide to do that.

Chris Toynbee

hi Daniel,

I'm having the same trouble with this movement. Stuck on it for a while now.

Did you progress in the end?

Wondering if it was just perseverance or some other strengthening exercise helped?

I'm tensing my core for the whole duration of all 36 rocks and finding it hard to hold form at the end.

Tyson Rogers

I've been at 36 for 3 weeks. I keep thinking that the next week it will feel easy. Hasn't happened yet. I will be anxiously reading any tips on this. 

Greg White
On 10/18/2016 at 0:09 AM, Tyson Rogers said:

I've been at 36 for 3 weeks. I keep thinking that the next week it will feel easy. Hasn't happened yet. I will be anxiously reading any tips on this. 

Hi Tyson,

You might already be trying this but Coach Alessandro recommends when you hit a plateau the first tactic to try is to try is to add an extra set. 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Another tip is to grease the groove: do 50% volume every day where you're not training this element.

Tyson Rogers

Thanks guys- will try. I actually am enjoying these this week for some reason. I woke up ready to tackle the challenge. Normally it's dread.

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work Daniel!

Nuno Duarte

hi Daniel!

i think you can keep your chin all the way to your chest. @Everett Carroll gave me this advice and it really helped me but you should take advice from a coach!

all the best!

Nuno

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Guys this thread is from over a year ago. I appreciate your comments, but there is really no need.