Isn't a manna easier than a V-Sit?

Started by katlinchen, June 16, 2015 · 9 Replies · 5,588 Views

katlinchen

Yesterday I was looking through some pictures and something came into my mind when looking at different V-Sits and Mannas.

Isn’t a manna pretty easy once you have a nice V-Sit with legs past horizontal and touching the nose and good shoulder flexibility?

Because in a V-Sit, you need to hold your feet in front of you, so the center of gravity is totally out of balance. But in a manna, once you can lift into it, all you have to do is balance it out but it shouldn’t be too hard strength wise?

Am I totally wrong on this?
I know a V-Sit does not transition into a manna, but still...

Thank you!

Yesterday I was looking through some pictures and something came into my mind when looking at different V-Sits and Mannas.

Isn’t a manna pretty easy once you have a nice V-Sit with legs past horizontal and touching the nose and good shoulder flexibility?

Because in a V-Sit, you need to hold your feet in front of you, so the center of gravity is totally out of balance. But in a manna, once you can lift into it, all you have to do is balance it out but it shouldn’t be too hard strength wise?

Am I totally wrong on this?
I know a V-Sit does not transition into a manna, but still...

Thank you!
 

korija

no

thecolin
katlinchen said:

...once you can lift into it...

 

There's the rub.

red1392

In the FIG COP, V-sit is a B skill on the floor and Manna is a C. I think the V-sit is a bit overrated and the Manna underrated.

 

Manna puts a LOT more load on the triceps. That's the extra barrier.

katlinchen
thecolin said:

There's the rub.

So lifting into it is the hard part??

Christian
katlinchen said:

So lifting into it is the hard part??

Yes, very very much yes :-)

Cole Dano

It's also in no way balanced as far as the shoulders and triceps are concerned. You've got the weight of the torso, hips and thighs on one side, and head, shins and feet on the other. Add to that the fact that the the hips are farther away from the center of mass than V-sit, which creates more torque.

Coach Sommer

Manna is much harder.

 

When you are able to do one - you will know.  ;)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

katlinchen
Coach Sommer said:

Manna is much harder.

 

When you are able to do one - you will know.   ;)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks! Oh, I think I will never be able to do one - I am just super interested :)

Is it harder on the triceps? Stomach? Hip Flexors?

And would you say it is harder than a straddle planche?

Jon Douglas
katlinchen said:

Thanks! Oh, I think I will never be able to do one - I am just super interested :)

Is it harder on the triceps? Stomach? Hip Flexors?

And would you say it is harder than a straddle planche?

it is certainly a lot rarer than a straddle planche