This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE 5

Started by Alexander Egebak, June 15, 2015 · 6 Replies · 206 Views

Alexander Egebak

I am having quite an intense stretch in my right part of the chest during the hold. Having been doing it for almost a month and having built up to almost mastery I figured it would eventually fade. Perhaps I have increased ROM a little bit but if so that is not very much.

 

Should I stay at this element until the chest stretch fades or should I move on when mastery is achieved?

 

Also, what might be the problem? Weak/tight pec minor?

Alessandro Mainente

I would say yes. asymmetric in preparatory elements will end into asymmetric handstand. generally we should avoid one bent arm, or one shoulder less elevated or in some cases twisting hips.

Alexander Egebak

Thank you. My form is perfect though it is just the stretch that gave me second thoughts.

 

Would you say it could very likely be pec minor that may be tight and/or weak?

Chris Garay

Hi Alexander,

 

Yes a tight pec minor could be holding you back here (I know it was and sometimes still is for me). A lot of the iM elements in the HBP series could be useful for decreasing pec tightness and increasing overhead range of motion. Perhaps experiment with adding a few of those stretches into your warmup or even in between HS sets.

 

Best,

Chris

Alexander Egebak
Chris Garay said:

Hi Alexander,

 

Yes a tight pec minor could be holding you back here (I know it was and sometimes still is for me). A lot of the iM elements in the HBP series could be useful for decreasing pec tightness and increasing overhead range of motion. Perhaps experiment with adding a few of those stretches into your warmup or even in between HS sets.

 

Best,

Chris

Can you say specifically which foundation iM that are the most effective to increase pec minor mobility? I already some stretches now, just need some strength in the outer range of motion.

Chris Garay

Hi Alexander,

 

HBP/PE11>iM through HBP/PE16>iM are very good for stretching your pec minor, among other things.

 

Best,

Chris

Alexander Egebak

Thank you for your help Chris!