I have recently hooked on the low carb way of eating, trying to be a good paleo eater.
While my body and muscles really enjoy this, leading to good progress in my training, I feel that my brain is lagging behind. I develop computer programs from time to time at work and the problems to be solved can be complex. Previously I would go to the canteena and pick up a soda, hot choclate or another sugary snack when I hit a wall. This would result in the problem getting solved almost straight away. Obviously I dont do this anymore, and apples or bananas dont seem to do the trick.
Now what does this mean? Is this just an idea I have or is it real? If it is real, does it indicate that I am eating wrong or have a medical condition I shoud have checked up. Am I right that eating some sugary crap will give your brain a jolt?
Ref: http://www.fi.edu/learn/brain/carbs.html
The above link claims that having too low blood sugar certainly will make you less attentive and work slower, which is what I feel like at times.
I am setting myself up for quite a few jokes here, but that is ok ![]()
![]()