This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Doubling up weeks

Started by Joel Savell, June 11, 2015 · 4 Replies · 187 Views

Joel Savell

I would like to hear some opinions on accelerating H1.  I.e. bottom line,if I am able keep up, is there anything wrong with doubling up the advancing weeks each weak.  In other words, something like this:

 

My Week 1:

M:  Week 1: F1 sPL FL HBP, RC

T: Week 1 F1 SLS SL MN + H1

 

TH Week 2 F1 sPL FL HBP, RC

F Week 2: F1 SLS SL MN + H1

 

 

My Week 2:

M  Week 3 F1

T Week 3 F1 + H1

 

TH Deload F1

F Deload F1 + H1

 

 

 

Joshua Slocum

If your body responds to training well enough to progress that quickly, go for it. I think you'll quickly find that you're not able to keep up, though.

Remember not to take rest between sets of F exercises :)

korija

If you are making progress on your current routine, dont change it!

Joel Savell

Thanks guys,  yes I discovered this morning that I couldn't keep up.  I pooped out on the last 2 RC sets.  I will stick with the current routine.  Admittedly, I should know by now that my body responds well to the "less is more" philosophy.

Jon Douglas
Joel Savell said:

Thanks guys, yes I discovered this morning that I couldn't keep up. I pooped out on the last 2 RC sets. I will stick with the current routine. Admittedly, I should know by now that my body responds well to the "less is more" philosophy.

Pretty much everyone does :)

Your work capacity will increase in time. As long as you are keeping up week to week, doing more workouts is not an immediate priority.