This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Front Pull Problems (Front Lever Progressions F1)

Started by Phillip Leonard, June 10, 2015 · 4 Replies · 281 Views

Phillip Leonard

Hi guys, 

 

I was wondering if anybody would be able to offer any advice. 

 

I've been progressing through the foundation front lever progressions, and I've now hit a brick wall. I started the front pull progression yesterday, and I am unable to even complete one rep... 

 

I was thinking about trying it straddled to reduce some of the load. Has anybody else come across this problem and found a solution? 

 

 

Thanks a lot guys

 

:)

Alessandro Mainente

How are your negative front pull?

MT Nordic

I'm wondering if going back to kip extensions and making sure your body isn't too vertical at the top would be helpful.  I suspect this is a common place to "think" we've completed a regimen, but in fact we made it too easy by being too upright. 

Phillip Leonard

Thanks a lot for the response guys.

My negative front pulls seemed fine, and once I hit the standard I moved onto to front pulls.

I haven't come across any of the hang variations yet, I may be wrong but I think the open fl is next.

When I was doing my kips I tried to make sure I kept my hollow body and not elongate too much.

The overall weakness feels like it's in my lats and shoulders, more so than around my mid section. The "dragon flag" progressions weren't a problem.

Thanks again for your help

Macca

I am in a similar position to you Philip.

 

I have been doing negative pulls for over 6 months, I last tried doing a front pull about 2 months ago and could not do it at all, so kept working the negative at a slower tempo.  I have tried SE1 and had no prob doing sets of 15-20 secs.

 

I remember when I first saw the FL progressions my first thought was that the front pull would rank in difficulty closer towards the end of F4 rather than the start of F3?