This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Body Line Problems in handstand drill and in MN/PE(1 to 3)

Started by HB_Ron, June 7, 2015 · 3 Replies · 330 Views

HB_Ron

My shoulders' angle is closing and the knees are getting detached from the floor as soon as I do PPT and squeeze my abs.

post-8384-0-01009600-1433703165_thumb.pn

post-8384-0-86468300-1433703168_thumb.pn

post-8384-0-36454200-1433703172_thumb.pn

 

What can I do to fix this? It's a very basic drill ,for handstands + manna's first 3 PEs, which I'm not able to do for a certain reason  :(

Could this be happening due to very tight and weak Iliopsoas&Rectus femoris(quadriceps)?

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

take you belly in and up. this will activate the external oblique , this muscles perform actively a little posterior pelvic tilt.

Coach Sommer

Stretch.

 

On top of Alex's recommendation, this issue is also excerbated by tight hip flexors.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

HB_Ron
Coach Sommer said:

Stretch.

 

On top of Alex's recommendation, this issue is also excerbated by tight hip flexors.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I'm very glad my guess was proved true. I always neglected my front splits because I didn't have any reason to train them.. :facepalm:
However, now I understand how important it is to improve hip flexors' mobility and I've already made a great progress. Thanks coach Sommer! 
Alessandro Mainente said:

take you belly in and up. this will activate the external oblique , this muscles perform actively a little posterior pelvic tilt.

Thanks a lot brother, great advice! :) I could activate it , but just for a short time. It'll take some time(& patience) to fix the main factor.

Btw, I'm confused which is good... Why is it necessary to activate external oblique when I already had PPT?  Any cues to how you noticed I lack it?