This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 Hinge Row

Started by prayingMantis, June 6, 2015 · 1 Replies · 147 Views

prayingMantis

This isn't a full set of hinge rows as I'm simply posting for some quick feedback. I personally don't think my hips are raising or sagging outside of the prescribed method for execution of this exercise, but for some reason I feel like I should be hinging forward more. Does anyone agree or disagree? When I get into position I am sitting with my hips just under or slightly behind the anchor point of the rings above. As I lay back and bring my body off the ground the rings form an angle just behind the anchor point and never really return to being straight, vertically. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2sv0ef

prayingMantis

Thanks, Zach, for pointing that out. In my next video, you will notice I've gotten the elbows closer to 90 degrees. As you suggested, I began in the top position and then lowered myself to better understand the mechanics of this movement (only in the beginning and not during the workout). I also repositioned the rings higher, but afterwards I felt that I may have had them spaced a bit too far apart. I can feel a difference in the execution of this movement. At first it actually feels a bit easier, but definitely more effective. Please check out my new recording and let me know if I'm on the right track.

Note: RC/PE1>iM starts at 1:40