This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE3 form check

Started by Vytautas Pilkauskas, June 6, 2015 · 5 Replies · 162 Views

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hi,

 

I have been struggling with this one for a while, couldn't do last two reps of 4th set on week 9 until this week.

Now I'm in doubt about my form. I'm thinking about doing the following weeks and start over from week 9 if nothing changes. Any comments?

Thank you

 

chuchodani

Try to open your chest more at top position, keep your toes pointing all time and your body should be synchronized, at some reps, on the descend portion, your legs touch the floor before your upper body or vice versa.

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Got it, thank you gentlemen!

Alessandro Mainente

Increasing the time on the position could be useful.

During the the last nation training cam where i was some coaches told to kids to hold the top position with the hands on feet, then hands of knee when they get stronger and finally hands on butt.

Samin Ishtiaq

You look like you have the strength+flexibility to do this. Just a matter of sychronizing, as the above comments say.

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Update:

Does this look any better?
I have difficulties with sitting up. When I try to do it as high as I can, my legs just drop down when decending. Alessandro, at the moment I can't hold my feet sitting up higher than in the video.

Here is a video:

 

In a standing pike I can reach with my hands far behind the feet (about 20 - 25 cm left to reach floor with elbows), I warm up for this element with 3 sets of 5 reps Jefferson Curl using 20 kg/44 lbs and PE1 and PE2.