If one day of your four you miss a workout should you do Thursday and Friday on the Friday day or do Thursday's workout on Friday and Fridays workout on Saturday?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Missing a workout
Started by tweez94, June 6, 2015 · 4 Replies · 308 Views
I don´t see any problem with both approaches. You are still completing your GST work for the week which is the important thing to do.
If I'm absolutely forced to miss a workout (usually i will try to at least do some lower progression which does not require any equipment) I will just leave it. Rest days are important and if you are training hard, the very occasional missed day is no more than a bump in the road, nothing to lose sleep over. Sometimes it comes as a welcome rest; we are generally inclined to do a little more than we are capable of rather than too little ![]()
I agree with both the above responses. I used to get really het up about missing a day, or getting ill. I now realize it's a steady, long, incremental journey; and I enjoy the travel. :-)
I train M/W/F and if I should occasionally miss a workout I can always push ahead my scheme. Let us say I miss workout on Friday, then I do Saturday and jump back into order while I still get 2 days rest. If I miss Monday I will work out Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and jump back in next workout. It is an awesome system.