This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2 Form Check 3.0

Started by Cameron Williams (Suspect 001), June 5, 2015 · 13 Replies · 188 Views

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Continuing to work on PPT, scap protraction and tight belly.

 

Comments/tips are welcome:

 

 

 

Thanks,

 

Cam

HB_Ron

Get your elbows closer to your body and kiss the floor with your pelvic and then with your chest rather than doing the opposite. ;)

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Got it - thanks man!

Rayne-William

"Externally rotate" your upper arms as much as possible during the full range of motion. 
 

Externally rotating your upper arms helps with a lot of the foundation course.

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Here's my attempt at a better body-line and elbows tucked in:

 

 

I realize my scap position could be improved, but apart from that, how is it?

 

Rayne-William - thank you for the tip on external rotation... will try that and film it on my next workout.

chuchodani
Cameron Williams said:

Here's my attempt at a better body-line and elbows tucked in:

 

 

I realize my scap position could be improved, but apart from that, how is it?

 

Rayne-William - thank you for the tip on external rotation... will try that and film it on my next workout.

You need more PPT and protraction, nice work with the elbows.

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Thanks chuchodani :)

 

Do you have suggestions on how to get more PPT? I feel like I couldn't possibly squeeze my butt cheeks any tighter! :lol:

 

Agree with the protraction as well... will have to work on that.

 

Thanks,

 

Cam

HB_Ron
Cameron Williams said:

Thanks chuchodani :)

 

Do you have suggestions on how to get more PPT? I feel like I couldn't possibly squeeze my butt cheeks any tighter! :lol:

 

Agree with the protraction as well... will have to work on that.

 

Thanks,

 

Cam

There are two main muscles that do PPT-Gluteus Maximus and "lower abs"(Rectus abdominis)

In my opinion, you don't even need to consciously squeeze your butt because it will happen automatically with PPT. 

 

A good hint for PPT which was posted in the forum was "to bring belt buckle to chin".

Good luck ;)

chuchodani
Cameron Williams said:

Thanks chuchodani :)

 

Do you have suggestions on how to get more PPT? I feel like I couldn't possibly squeeze my butt cheeks any tighter! :lol:

 

Agree with the protraction as well... will have to work on that.

 

Thanks,

 

Cam

I'm my opinion it doesn't matter how much you squeeze your butt if you don't understand how to rotate your pelvis, you will never get it. You should just practice going from an APT to PPT.

 

Here is an example, you could do it standing or in a plank

 

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Thanks HB Ron and chuchodani - great tips.... will continue working on my PPT with those in mind :)

 

 

Cam

Jon Douglas
Cameron Williams said:

Here's my attempt at a better body-line and elbows tucked in:

I realize my scap position could be improved, but apart from that, how is it?

Rayne-William - thank you for the tip on external rotation... will try that and film it on my next workout.

Yes, you do pick up a noticable arch a couple reps in. Solve that and you're golden.

How are your spl progressions coming along? Planks and leans nice and straight? Spending that longer time in the locked in position helps train it in and make it your go-to when you are in a front support

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Thanks Jon.... I'm basically working on the same stuff for my planks as well... Not surprisingly the same issues are present in both exercises :)

Which arch do you mean? In my lower back or do mean my scaps sticking out too much?

Thanks again!

Cam

Alessandro Mainente

Lower back arching.

Think about push yourself up from the hips this will prevent a bit the bodyline looseness.

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Thanks Alessandro... will work on that :)