This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic Bridge Form Check

Started by Cameron Williams (Suspect 001), June 5, 2015 · 4 Replies · 222 Views

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Tips/comments are welcome. Sorry for the poor camera view... it's the only spot I could do it :)

 

 

Thanks,

 

Cam

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Anyone?

Jon Douglas

It's getting there. Needs more out of your lower back and into the upper, feet might be just a touch too low for your current flexibility. Definitely on the right track though :)

Do you get this stretch more in your armpits or your chest?

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Thanks very much Jon :)

I'll raise my feet next time until I can feel the load higher up in my back.

I feel the stretch more in my armpits than in my chest, although it feels like a very minimal stretch at this point. I'm guessing that as my flexibility improves, I'll feel this stretch more?

As it is now, it feels more like a shoulder strength exercise than a stretch :)

Cam

Jon Douglas

Elevate your shoulders, push through them, and endeavor to get the shoulders directly over (you're very close to this) and then *past* the hands. Keep fighting to elevate and minimise the lower back arch.

Obviously be patient and cautious with it, this is not light going :)