Hi all,
I don't feel any stretch when doing the diamond frog stretch and I can get my feet all the way to the floor. I followed the follow along video. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Nicholas Cooper, June 5, 2015 · 11 Replies · 645 Views
Hi all,
I don't feel any stretch when doing the diamond frog stretch and I can get my feet all the way to the floor. I followed the follow along video. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
No way to know what you are doing wrong without seeing it. That's where posting form checks helps.
Of course, every once in a while you get lucky and just are already open enough that a particular stretch doesn't feel like much.
Make sure your thighs and groin are pressing into the ground. If you pull your feet and shins down into the ground and let the thighs and groin raise it's not going to stretch. This is kind of the opposite of the regular frog (where you have feet and shins on the ground and are pressing the thighs and groin into the ground).
And don't let your back arch either ![]()
Assuming we are doing it right, where should the stretch be felt on this one?
I feel the stretch in my hip sockets.
I barely felt it first time too. Second time I was able to relax my hips and felt it right away. I guess because hips are in the air it takes some practice to learn how to relax them. Also PPT helped to make stretch much more intense.
If I lie flat and push my hips into the ground (not hard, enough to make sure they are flat on the ground) as I push my feet down I feel a stretch in the hip sockets. Is this ok ?
I'm curious if the goal should be to be as wide as possible on this, or to stay at a certain width until feet can reach ground?
bump...anyone have any knowledge as to how this element should be progressed? Thanks.
Most likely a happy medium of the two would be best, wide enough that you're groin is up from the floor and you feel something going on, but not so high that it just feels stupid.
I can do the diamond frog without any effort as well so while i sit there i just go back and forth between ppt and apt. i think due to the fact that my groin is quite open but my hamstrings are super tight the diamond frog is easy and i can completely open up but i cant do a pancake (almost a full middle split though i find you have to apt for the or it just feels wrong in the hip joint)