This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Am I doing this right?

Started by BSJ, June 5, 2015 · 5 Replies · 253 Views

BSJ

Hello. I am on foundation series one. Mostly in the first set of preliminary exercises so I know I'm not an advanced student. But when I do the exercises I have trouble getting through them but overall am not "smoked" at the end of the day. In fact I typically have enough energy to do some running and weightlifting later in the day. Maybe it's because I crossfit. I can assure you I am not trying to be arrogant or cocky. Just want to know if I'm getting the most out of the program. I want to improve. And yes I am saving up to attend a seminar. Thanks for any guidance.

Seminole 4

You shouldn't feel "smoked" at the end of every day.  So if you don't feel smoked, then yes, you are doing the program correctly.  If you feel burnt out, especially doing the beginning PEs, then you are doing too much of something, or you are under recovering.

korija

i often feel smoked, but afters a couple hours pass i start to 'feel' normal. But it doesn't matter if i feel normal because i know i have to recover so ofcourse im not going to do any sports...

Seminole 4

It sounds like you're doing the program just right then.

BSJ

Thank you all. I now see others have posted similar topics. Wish I had seen that first.

Jon Douglas

As long as you are improving week to week :) feelings are too subjective; make sure your pen and paper show the upward trend and leave the rest at the door :)