https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDkp0ugDAJg
I can see I start to kick a bit when I start to play out. Clenching hands regained stability for a few more reps.
Any other comments, and how about the im?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Ryan Reynolds, June 4, 2015 · 8 Replies · 207 Views
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDkp0ugDAJg
I can see I start to kick a bit when I start to play out. Clenching hands regained stability for a few more reps.
Any other comments, and how about the im?
I would say your feet are too high/hips are too flexed/closed (re-watch the demo vid and compare the athlete's hip angle and shin angle relative to the floor to yours); rocks looks pretty smooth to me though (but I am not a GB certified athlete or coach, so take that with a grain of salt).
I changed my form based on Alex's recommendations on FL PE1 and PE2 form checks. He seemed to always recommend a 90 deg angle at the hips.
When in doubt look for the videos. Btw I noticed that some people use the body like a sort of balance, move the knees out creates a balance of weight from left and right . the problem is that some people do not have enough strength to move the knees out and hold it. when you pass the 90° the involvement of hips flexor is greater and you tend to arch the lower back, the abs will prevent it. years of desk and no mobility lead to people with hips flexors more tight and not enough strength on the abs in order to prevent alignment changeing. so basically if I see someone archinr the lower back with knees over the 90° he stops immediately and work on both front split series and bent hollow position with 90° at the hips, then when weak points are fixed we move on.
Years of Desk and no mobility pretty much explains my life from the age of 12 to 32.
Thanks for the insight Alessandro, seems like a logical regression and solution to the issue of tight hip flexor so.
Ryan, looks better. You still need to adjust the angle further to match the demo video though (at least to my eyes). But you can continue building up either the volume with less challenging joint angles or the intensity by increasing the joint angles until you reach the final mastery position as you gain strength. So keep at it.
Continuing to work on opening the hip angle. I see some segmenting on the last rep or two. Have I the angle right now?
Great progress over the course of these videos Ryan; nice attention to detail and listening to & incorporating feedback to perfect your form.
I (caveat: not a coach) would say your first 12 reps look perfect, and the 6 after that are not quite as perfect but would still count towards mastery. With rep 19+ though I would say your feet are getting too high in the air, and you've lost too much fidelity in the angles of your knees & hips to consider the reps mastery level. You can see how much higher your feet are at the end of your set v. the beginning if you mark your screen where your heels are at their apex in set 1, and compare that mark to the end of the set, and you can compare stills at the start of the vid to the end to see your body flattening out.