Hey, what do you think of my form on russian dips?
I dont know how far to go down in the dip before leaning back on the upper arms?
Thanks for input
Started by gymnasthenics, June 4, 2015 · 5 Replies · 1,957 Views
Hey, what do you think of my form on russian dips?
I dont know how far to go down in the dip before leaning back on the upper arms?
Thanks for input
To me looks good ! I think you should go full depth and then lean back, in the video it looks like you're getting full depth before going back.
They seems to be good, the only advice is to be careful on the alignment of elbows and shoulder, elbows must be in the same line of the shoulders and not in front of them also if its for a 3-4 cm. also i suggest you to think about moving back vertically and eliminate a part of the forward momentum during the ascent portion. if not there is a low probability to correctly perform the advanced russian dips version.
Alessandro Mainente said:They seems to be good, the only advice is to be careful on the alignment of elbows and shoulder, elbows must be in the same line of the shoulders and not in front of them also if its for a 3-4 cm. also i suggest you to think about moving back vertically and eliminate a part of the forward momentum during the ascent portion. if not there is a low probability to correctly perform the advanced russian dips version.
Thank you for the input, I will keep the alignment of elbow and shoulders in mind next time. What do you mean by "moving back vertically" ? And also, what is the advanced version of the russian dips?
Actually you are doing a negative dip then you move bakcward. ideally you should move directly to upper arms support. the starting point for advanced version is doing the russian dip with legs in a bent L sit position and do not permit legs to drop under the horizontal position.
Alessandro Mainente said:Actually you are doing a negative dip then you move bakcward. ideally you should move directly to upper arms support. the starting point for advanced version is doing the russian dip with legs in a bent L sit position and do not permit legs to drop under the horizontal position.
Okay I think I get what you mean now =) I somewhat divide the descent into two parts, going down, then leaning backwards, instead of making it one movement of going down and leaning..