braindx said:Why use that when you can do stuff like HSPUs, planche pushups variations, dips, etc?
Those are VERY tough on the elbows and they're basically like isolation work which won't help you progress in anything here.
Just because something's an "isolation move" doesn't mean that it is useless. Anything that strengthens the triceps is going to help with HSPU, since they're mostly a tricep exercise, for example. Just like for me, my shoulders are a weak point. I am doing some specific stuff, like the rotator cuff work and the prone victorian dumbbell presses, which could also be considered something of an isolation movement, and they are helping immensely with other things here. I respect your knowledge and experience, but I think that your comment was not completely thought out. There is value in isolation exercises with regard to the skills sought after here, just not in ONLY doing isolation exercises.
I totally agree about the elbow strain, it's pretty rough compared to a lot of other supplementary exercises. A slightly more abbreviated motion would help with that issue, but not eliminate it.