This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL/PE2, forearm plank & MN/PE3-iM, pike lean

Started by Hanlim Lee, June 4, 2015 · 4 Replies · 90 Views

Hanlim Lee

I confused SPL/PE2-iM with MN/PE3-im.

 

I think my plank is quite good, but point me anything to improve. 

 

 

for pike leans, my ankle mobility improved enough to keep my feet close to bars

 

but still not good enough to keep the whole feet on the floor. the front part is floating. 

 

Iguanus

SPl 2

Arms should be perpendicular to the body and to the ground. So you can move a bit further to the front. Your lats should complain a bit after it.

 

You should strive to keep still. You're moving quite a bit on some sets. I do this when I'm getting tired or slipping. If the latter happens to you, bring the feet to the mat. If the former happens, how does your form works on the second cycle? The third cycle is to build endurance OVER perfected form from 2nd cycle.

 

iM: sorry, never tried that =(

 

*Edit: changed typo

Hanlim Lee
Iguanus said:

SPl 2

You should strive to keep still. You're moving quite a bit on some sets. I do this when I'm getting tired or slipping. If the former happens to you, bring the feet to the mat. If the former happens, how does your form works on the second cycle? The third cycle is to build endurance OVER perfected form from 2nd cycle.

 

iM: sorry, never tried that =(

what does former mean?

Cole Dano

former / latter, means the first item in a two item list, latter the second item.

 

in this case slipping vs tired. 

 

I think Iguanus made a small typo and the sentence should start -

 

" If the latter happens to you,...."

Iguanus
Hanlim Lee said:

what does former mean?

Just a Cole said. Former = first of two. Latter = Second of two.

 

In this particular case, Fomer = slipping. Latter = getting tired.