i'm retrying bent hollow body hold
because this doesn't carry to FL/PE2, bent hollow body rock.
I doubt if I mastered FL/PE1 and
I guess there must be some problem in FL/PE1 which hinders progress FL/PE2.
but I don't know what it is. please help,
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Hanlim Lee, June 4, 2015 · 6 Replies · 211 Views
i'm retrying bent hollow body hold
because this doesn't carry to FL/PE2, bent hollow body rock.
I doubt if I mastered FL/PE1 and
I guess there must be some problem in FL/PE1 which hinders progress FL/PE2.
but I don't know what it is. please help,
I am not a GB certified coach, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But I would say you need more range of motion in your BHBH. Your back (from your hips to your shoulder blades) is flat in the position you are holding. Just think how efficiently trying to rock a brick would be and that should explain why you are having a hard time when you try to move on to BHBR with this form.
I would suggest trying to lift your shoulders up higher off the floor, but even more importantly trying to round your lower and middle back so it creates a round shape rather than your current flat shape.
Alessandro had a nice video he posted a little while back about some BHBH regressions and stretches to help you achieve the correct activation and shape. Sorry I don't have the link saved to my phone or the time to search for it ATM, otherwise I would have posted it.
Hope this helps.
I would like more curled upperback. you have a little bit of of straight back syndrome. if only your shoulders are lifting from the floor it is hard to rock on the following element.
Keegan said:I am not a GB certified coach, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But I would say you need more range of motion in your BHBH. Your back (from your hips to your shoulder blades) is flat in the position you are holding. Just think how efficiently trying to rock a brick would be and that should explain why you are having a hard time when you try to move on to BHBR with this form.
I would suggest trying to lift your shoulders up higher off the floor, but even more importantly trying to round your lower and middle back so it creates a round shape rather than your current flat shape.
Alessandro had a nice video he posted a little while back about some BHBH regressions and stretches to help you achieve the correct activation and shape. Sorry I don't have the link saved to my phone or the time to search for it ATM, otherwise I would have posted it.
Hope this helps.
Damn you Keegan. This is the advice I needed! ![]()
When I posted my first FL/PE1, no one mentioned about curling my upper body more.
When I posted FL/PE2, only one person mentioned my upper back flattening
and now I got it clear.
It's so hard to be an online trainee. I wish I could get feedback early so I didn't waste that long time.
Thank you so much.
Alessandro Mainente said:I would like more curled upperback. you have a little bit of of straight back syndrome. if only your shoulders are lifting from the floor it is hard to rock on the following element.
Thanks for the video. It's simple but great. Thanks.
Alessandro Mainente said:I would like more curled upperback. you have a little bit of of straight back syndrome. if only your shoulders are lifting from the floor it is hard to rock on the following element.
I tried your method and found out even grabbing knee level is very tough for me.
is this weakness comes from weak serratus anterior or rigid spine?
I didn't assume I lack spinal mobility because I am quite good at thoraic stretch series.
maybe I have good thoraic mobility at back side but not ab side.
How do you think?
A small thing: turn on the camera, do the movement, get up. Don't fiddle with your phone! :-)
It is a common thoracic spine problem combine with very weak abs. as the posterior part of the upperbody is tight as more strength in the abs you need to actively stretch it. can you post a video of your approach about "my" method?