This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Remodeling Bone Tissue - Curled Seiza

Started by JonathanSilverman, June 4, 2015 · 3 Replies · 353 Views

JonathanSilverman

Doing curled seizas are painful, but not impossible.  The next day,  i feel pain in my feet in the vicinity of my toe boes.  I like to walk on it though.  And then by next week when I do that stretch protocol again the pain is long gone.  

 

So am i remodeling the bones?  

Cole Dano

No, you are stretching your feet.

Alessandro Mainente

It is painful because if you have normal feet an not deformed ones (like some thumbs of soccer player), fingers tends to push one against the other. i usually put a little soft surface in between the ankles and the thumbs.

JonathanSilverman

So what I found is that putting my weight on the base of the bone before the big toe, and kind of pulling my feet backwards while pushing down with that bone before the big toe,   I feel less pain and more of a stretching  feeling.   I suspect that those cues I came up with as I'm searching for the right feeling is what we are actually going for in that stretch,