This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/SE2

Started by Josh Wilensky, June 4, 2015 · 4 Replies · 181 Views

Josh Wilensky

I just started the static holds and I am having trouble balancing. Any advice?

Mark Schoenhard

Warm up with Hawaiians and you can hold a light weight for a while.

Alan Tseng

This exercise has been ruining my life for the past 9 months.

My personal experiences (from someone that has yet to master this), is to stretch calves and/or achilles, regularly sit in a bottom of squat position, use a heavier weight - heavier weight makes it easier to counterbalance, and using shorter times

Bayer

Lack of balance could be the result of several things, however, i find that starring at one single spot throughout the exercise can help tremendously. Letting your eyes wander will increase the chance of loosing your balance.

Josh Wilensky

Thanks. I'll give those a try.