This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pins and Needles in Quad Stretch

Started by Alan Tseng, June 3, 2015 · 6 Replies · 204 Views

Alan Tseng

When I use to do the vertical lunge (both bent and straight leg), I naturally feel the stretch in my quads. However yesterday when I was doing the front split series, I didn't really feel a stretch but I got that pins and needle feeling

Mark Collins

Back or front leg?

Alan Tseng

The back leg in both variations and on both sides

Mark Collins

At what time during the stretch does it start? Does it happen if you lessen the stretch? Is your head looking down or straight ahead?

Alan Tseng

About 20~ seconds in. I usually look downwards on the floor since that's where my timer is. Do you think looking downwards is the reason why

Mark Collins

In this position the femoral nerve is under tension and being compressed. So lift the head up and look towards the ceiling. The further forward the buttocks is off the heel will help as well.

Alan Tseng

Thanks Mark!