This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MSs/SE1

Started by Nicholas Cooper, June 2, 2015 · 1 Replies · 133 Views

Nicholas Cooper

I struggle with this as I have poor ankle flexibility.  Is it ok to hold onto something like a chair or pole ?  

Koenraad Van Leemput

I would say it is.  Sometimes a counter weight held in the hands can also help.

 

As for all elements I struggle with (which are not few ;) ) I try to get as close to the demonstrated form as possible.  Sometimes that means elevating my hips, using straps or holding on to something.

 

In this case I focus on keeping the foot of the bent leg flat on the grond, knee pointing in the same direction and opening the hip to the side.

 

Only thing to look out for is that you keep working to improve at the right intensity (uncomfortable but not in agony) and not use the chair/pole to take away so much of the effort that it becomes just going through the motions.

 

And also, patience  ;)

 

Cheers