Another tendinitis thread!
My tennis elbow went away after months of trying everything....and now....it's trying to come back. It's just a mild ache, but I don't want it to get any worse. I've examined everything I've been doing and narrowed it down to a: I'm trying to draw too much with my right hand again (I have problems with tensing up too much :/ )
or b: I've started doing legless rope climbs maybe twice a week for the last couple weeks.
In searching for answers, I came across this thread on reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/comments/1z0f3g/rope_climbing_notes_from_ido_portal/
The first reply to someone's tendinitis comment is by a user by the name of "Saint Emmet." What he's talking about is the kind of info I've been looking for.
I'm quoting him here:
"Too much internal rotation during the pull is the source. Most people will have some form of anterior rotation of the scapula combined with the middle of the body pulling position is a trigger for this basically puts a valgus type strain on the elbow
"
I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts about this, in relation to rope climbs. I'm staying away from them at least until the aches go away. Is there a proper form for them, beyond simply grabbing and pulling? According to what this guy is saying, it sounds like you should be pulling your shoulders back/retracting the scapula when you climb.
Thoughts?
Much appreciated ![]()