Traps & Forearms

Started by xagunos, June 1, 2015 · 6 Replies · 3,174 Views

xagunos

What are the best or most vital GST exercise(s) to build the entire trapezius and forearms? I've read on another forum (although I cannot find it anymore on the internet) that these may be the most crucial muscles to strengthen in gymnastics.

Pafke
Handstand.

Coach Sommer

You didn't read it on another forum.  You heard it in one of my podcasts.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jon Douglas

Pretty much EVERYTHING is traps in some way in GST. Volume wall runs built mine.

False grip work is amazing on forearms, but that's best done post- rope climbing, ideally post rope-climbing-mastery in Foundation 4 :)

MrPuppeh
Jon Douglas said:

Pretty much EVERYTHING is traps in some way in GST. Volume wall runs built mine.

False grip work is amazing on forearms, but that's best done post- rope climbing, ideally post rope-climbing-mastery in Foundation 4 :)

You serious about false grip work after RC mastery ?

I always thought it  was  a prepatory element for ring training ( false grip ) and should be rather easy, but after I tried to hang from a complete false grip ( not gripping the bar at all ) I could hold it for 0,5 sec 

Jon Douglas

More so that rope climbing alone is great on forearms. When that stops giving you a response, false grip work will restart it :)

xagunos
Coach Sommer said:

You didn't read it on another forum.  You heard it in one of my podcasts.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Do you know which podcast?