This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elevated Bridge

Started by vannybute, May 30, 2015 · 10 Replies · 509 Views

vannybute

So, this pic is a bit dated, but aside from the terrible leg form, how does my son's shoulder angle look in this elevated bridge pic?

post-15684-0-29050600-1432954029_thumb.p

Mark Collins

Needs to lower the head. Is this before the shoulder/clavicle injury?

Cole Dano

It looks like he is dislocating. 

Coach Sommer

Arms are too wide.  

 

Something to consider is that my own athletes had to perform their bridge work with thumbs and index fingers touching.  

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Sensei JP
Coach Sommer said:

Arms are too wide.  

 

Something to consider is that my own athletes had to perform their bridge work with thumbs and index fingers touching.  

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Um, does that include the strength elements from the Stretch series, like the pushups and taps as well?  

Coach Sommer
Sensei JP said:

Um, does that include the strength elements from the Stretch series, like the pushups and taps as well?  

 

You won't like the answer.

 

For my athletes the bridge pushups and bridge taps were so elementary that we did not use them once they were past the raw beginner stage.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Bro'

Better just go for limbers and beyond, I guess.

Mark Collins

My eight year old daughter did the thoracic bridge with me yesterday. She could easily touch her little fingers together with the shoulder extension stretch whilst laughing at me. Her bridge was markedly better as well. I can see why with training over time these exercises would not be difficult. At least I know I have the genetics to do this exercise.

Sensei JP
Coach Sommer said:

You won't like the answer.

 

For my athletes the bridge pushups and bridge taps were so elementary that we did not use them once they were past the raw beginner stage.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I didn't like the answer, but I clicked the like button anyway, just because you said that. ;)

~Atticus
Coach Sommer said:

You won't like the answer.

 

For my athletes the bridge pushups and bridge taps were so elementary that we did not use them once they were past the raw beginner stage.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

 

So does that mean that some of us are not even at raw beginner stage but something along the lines of "pre-raw-beginner?"

Coach Sommer
~Atticus said:

So does that mean that some of us are not even at raw beginner stage but something along the lines of "pre-raw-beginner?"

 

I like to think of most you as GST zygotes.

 

Not much to look as just yet, but with lots of potential.   ;)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer