This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/Pe1

Started by Dani88, May 29, 2015 · 7 Replies · 226 Views

Dani88

Can you check my form, please? Thanks!

 

Marc Nerenberg

I am still a novice here so I may be wrong, but I don't like the way the shoulder shrugs up at the top. I *think* the movement should be entirely forward and backward across the body (if you were standing, of course). The shrug has the potential to impinge the tendons in the shoulder.

Also, you are flexing your thoracic spine more than I think is necessary here.

Dani88

Yeah i imagined that the loss of scapular depression while retraction is not correct...but i have the impression to have greater ROM doing so rather than keeping the shoulderblades depressed whole time, and while retracting i feel hard to keep the PPT, so i force it a lot here...that may explain why you can see a spinal flexion...

Really thanks for the advice! :)

Dani88
Zach Armijo said:

This PE should simply be a vertical movement. There is some scap elevation going on at the top of the rep which needs to be fixed. Slow down on the temp as well. Your serratus will thank you later in your planche work. 

really thanks! I find hard to keep the PPT while full retracting...so my question is: is it normal to lose a bit the PPT and regain it while protracting?

Dani88

really thanks for the clirification, Zach =)

Dani88

new video, working on keeping depression through the whole motion..

 

Dani88

anyone can check my last video of scapular shrugs?

Dani88

Thanks Zach! Your advice really helped me :)