This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

DOMS after front split series

Started by Luzian, May 29, 2015 · 3 Replies · 213 Views

Luzian

I've been doing all three stretch series each one once a week since they have been released. It's funny but only about a month ago I started to get quite intenstive DOMS especially after the front split and also a little less after the middle split series. Or at least it's what I think is called DOMS. A strange kind of feeling in the glutes that feels a little bit like something in between growing pains and muscle soreness. It lasts for about the two following days after an evening stretch session.

 

I have actually two things that I'm wondering about: 

 

1. Why did this start only about a month ago and not from the beginning? Could it have to do with a new range of motion becoming accessible? I don't think that the effort that I'm putting into the stretches has changed. But I notice (small, but real) new ranges of motion.

 

2. Is it a sign that I'm doing too much?

Coach Sommer

As your ROM increases and you descend deeper into the stretches, you will also begin to work different areas of the muscles.  Hence the new DOMS.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jon Douglas

This is a good thing! You are moving higher up the 'chain' and addressing more fundamental blocks :) Enjoy the new and interesting sensations!

Luzian

I'm really glad to hear that. Thanks for the feedbacks Coach and Jon.