This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Okay to test outside the context of the workout?

Started by Mitchell Church, May 29, 2015 · 4 Replies · 243 Views

Mitchell Church

Hello friends,

 

I have a question about testing a PE outside the context of the workout.  Specifically, I am fairly confident I can test at 5x15 solid pushups.  However, when I do pushups in the context of the workout, I am consistently tired from having just finished shoulder shrugs, which keeps me from hitting 5x15. 

 

My question is, is it okay te test a PE at the start of the workout, or perhaps on a day that isn't even a workout day?

Leonhard Krahé

Afaik, it is perfectly ok to change the order of exercises in a workout.

chuchodani

Ideally you want to be able to show mastery in a workout day, better if it's in F7. In the other hand for what I've read in the forum, It's valid to put the PE in the start of the workout to maximize your chance to hit mastery.

Jon Douglas
louieclemente said:

Afaik, it is perfectly ok to change the order of exercises in a workout.

No problem here.

However OP, if shoulder shrugs take that much out of you it may be worth increasing your work capacity by working towards mastery as it currently stands :)

Mark Collins

There is no problem mixing the order of the exercises.