This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE4 One Arm Plank form check

Started by Jason Dupree, May 29, 2015 · 4 Replies · 115 Views

Jason Dupree

So I can complete 5x30s, but still some shaking, so while I wait for that to dissapate, how about a form check?

chuchodani

From this angle looks solid !

Bro'

Form changes quite a bit, don't think you have this one down, you even have to change arms...

...

 

Looks good.  :P

Jason Dupree

Ok, I'll make both changes and see what happens. I may figure it out when I try it, but what's with the elbow thing?

And maybe I'm a masochist but I sorely miss having someone like coach in my life, and these stories make me wish I had more opportunity to work with him.

chuchodani
Zach Armijo said:

This is one that will forever haunt me when testing mastery for Coach...."I want to see you have true mastery in this..." *Coach sets the timer for 5 mins, "5 minutes straight gentlemen, GO!" 

 

Oh the good ol days in Coach's gym. 

 

I always strongly encourage people to super set their one arm planks with no rest but using the other arm. It is of course not required (willing to change that :P ) it will bolster your training further down the road quite a bit. 

 

Remember to only grasp ABOVE the elbow on the bicep. I highly frown down upon placing a hand on the elbow. It's not stated in the course video, but should be noted here. 

 

Your form looks great otherwise. Stable position, hips squared to the floor. Good job. 

 

Try it with hands on the bicep and see if that makes a difference. 

Zach, was it 5 min straight without changing arms ?