Hey everyone,
Just wanted to see if anyone has any cues out there to help me with Korean Dips - maybe I just need to map motor skills, but they seem way more difficult than they should be for me. My shoulder mobility is pretty solid - I can hit full depth ring dips and have the strength to turn out, and started doing weighted dislocates. But Korean dips just seem to elude me.
The following cues I found so far that got me to at least go thru the motions were:
Keep your back super hollow after your glutes cross the bar --- however, i feel like my lower back and mid back and grinding against the bar
Almost do a reverse kip to swing your feet back and up, getting into the full depth (feel some pressure in my shoulders I'm sure that's normal - but any mobility advice is appreciated)
I just can't seem to string pretty reps together, Before i hit lockout i struggle with the bar clipping my lower back/glutes, and on the way down it's not nearly as fluid as it should be. Is this just something that comes with time? or are there cues you guys could send my way?
Note: Most of the time i do these on a barbell in a rack, which i anchor with a bunch of bands to ensure it doesn't move - could the diameter of the barbell vs a paralell/pullup bar be the issue??
Thanks everyone!